Yesterday at the Akwa Ibom Youths Get together with Governor Udom at the Ikot Ekpene Township Stadium, youths from all the local Governments making up Ikot Ekpene Senatorial District turned out enmasse to show solidarity to their youth friendly, super performing and visionary Governor who’s tenure expires in 2023
The PDP standard bearer for the Ikoni/Ini House of Representatives seat 2019, Obong Emmanuel Emmanuel Ukpong-udo was among the high profile dignitaries on hand to receive the State Chief Executive. Governor Udom in yet another display of endorsement for the candidacy of the man nicknamed “Udo Eka Jesus” lifted his hands and handed him over to his kindred as the beacon of hope and restorer of the lost glory of Ikono/Ini.
A look at Governor Udom and Macaire presents some very striking similarities hence their affinity, collaboration and love for each other.
1. Macaire is simple, easy going, unassuming yet very tactical in his approach to everything, same as Governor Udom.
2. Macaire is a vastly educated, thorough bred professional with an undeniable track record of successes in the corporate world bringing to bear real value in every position he assumed, same as Governor Udom.
3. Macaire is extremely passionate about emancipating his Ikono/Ini people, erasing undevelopment from their history and giving them a pride of place and voice in the Nigerian State. Governor Udom is doing that in Akwa Ibom State now. Can you recall the last time a senator or House of reps members from that axis delivered dividends to the people?
4. Macaire has a clear, well laid out and concretized blueprint and action plan for his 4 years at the National Assembly as the Voice of Ikono/Ini people. With his acumen and wide range of contacts and connections, he’s got the wherewithal to solve the perennial challenges of Ikono/Ini which include poor infrastructure, absence of human capital development and under development of the vast potentials inert in the two LGAs. You see Governor Udom, he took over in 2015 with a well defined 5-point agenda and in 36months, he has delivered on all. Macaire and Udom no be leaders were miss road!. They don’t promise and fail!!
5. Macaire talks less and does more. He doesn’t believe in bamboozling you with words but in leaving a LASTING legacy on the lives of anyone he comes across. Same with Governor Udom who makes less noise but goes about delivering without fanfare.
6. Macaire is detribalised, he’s not tribe, tongue and culture biased as his milk of love has been enjoyed by persons cutting across the ethnic groups in the State. Governor Udom has evenly spread projects and dividends to all the blocks of Akwa Ibom State because he believes in all inclusive governance.
7. Macaire is not power drunk or desperate for authority or influence. He views political power not as a means to intimidate but as an avenue to further bring to bear people oriented leadership. Hence he wines, dines and dwells with his people, he’s accessible, open, approachable and warm. Virtues shared by Governor Udom Emmanuel.
8. Macaire doesn’t pretend about his unwavering believe and faith in God as he organises “akam”, a session where he seeks the face of God with his supporters, friends and allies regularly. Governor Udom and the Almighty God are partners in progress (if you know you know). Both of them don’t toy with the power and presence of God because of a truth “Abasi Ikpong Abenne owo”.
IF YOU KNOW MACAIRE, YOU’LL AGREE THAT COME 16TH OF FEBRUARY 2019, HE DESERVES TO BE OVERWHELMINGLY ELECTED THE MEMBER REPRESENTING IKONO/INI IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES