1) Mayorkun- After being picked up by Davido’s DMW in 2016 following a rendition of davido’s the money featuring Olamide which he posted on twitter, Mayorkun dropped the Monster hit ‘Eleko’ produced by puffy tee, which went ahead to gathered a million views in just 10 days. Since then, the young lad has never looked back and has stayed on top of his game dropping hit singles like love you tire ft mr eazi, prayer ft davido, yawa ,sade,che che and the mega monster hit ‘MAMA’ produced by kiddominant. With scores of features like whistle by dj consequence, odo remix and dblack’s makoma among others, fans are already looking forward to what a Mayorkun’s album will be like and judging from his recent singles, it is going to be FIA.
2) Tekno- From the days of holiday ft davido and onyenekwu ft ice prince, tekno had always shown potentials. After signing to TripleMg under Ubi Franklin , Tekno dropped a string of hit songs like maria,Go low, Dance,Wash, Duro, Where,Diana and the monster smash hit ‘Pana’ which got him a deal with Universal Records. With over 100 million youtube views and even a voluntary withdrawal from the next rated category at the 2016 headies awards, it can be said that tekno is indeed a major act in the Nigerian entertainment circle. All this success he has achieved without a debut album. Many fans are of the opinion that the year 2018 is when tekno’s debut album will drop and with hot singles like Samantha,Yawa,Go,Mama ft wizkid and rumours of a collaboration with drake, we expect a top notch album from’ slimdaddy ‘ in 2018.
3) Johnny Drille- After his stint at the 6th edition of MTN Project Fame in 2013,Johnny drille kept the drive going until luck shined on him after he released a cover of Dija’s ‘aww ‘which caught don jazzy’s attention.With hit singles like love don’t lie, Wait for me,my beautiful love,Romeo and Juliet,start all over again and an impressive feature on Ric hassani’s My love, Johnny Drille is championing a new phase in the alternative music genre as regards the Nigerian entertainment industry. Currently signed to Mavins Record, We expect an excellent debut album from this wonderful singer.
4) LAX- Despite releasing a string of successful singles like Ginger ft wizkid,fine boy ft olamide,ole ft dremo and ycee,awon da,gwara gwara,gimme dat and the smash hit ‘Run away’ with a remix featuring wande coal, the former starboy act has not dropped a debut album yet. The debut album tentatively titled ‘RAZAKI’ is expected to drop in 2018.
5) Maleekberry- Mobo nomination, a well received Last daze of summer Ep,Chart topping singles like control,been calling ,eko Miami and for me,over 20 million youtube views and scores of hit music productions, producer turned singer ,Maleek Shoyebi aka Maleekberry has shown that he has what it takes to perform excellently in the music and music production fields of the entertainment industry. He broke out from his production field and crossed over into singing fully in 2017and so far,so good, the response has been amazing such that a lot of music listeners are looking forward to a debut album of his in the year 2018.
6) Ycee- After dropping hit singles like Jagaban,Omo alhaji,Su mi and the mega hit single ‘Juice’ featuring maleek berry which diddy grooved to on his social media page. With a commercially succcesful First wave Ep as well as scoring a couple of hit collaborations, music listeners are looking forward to ycee’s debut album especially as he has been classified as a singing rapper and critics are looking forward to scrutinizing the hiphop and commercial value of the body of work ycee will offering under his label, Tinny entertainment.
7). Poe- Show dem Camp affiliate and Mavin star, Poe is widely known for his singles like ko ye won , gbe sile and his hit single ‘Adore you’ not excluding collaborative efforts with SDC and BOJ on feel alright,Falz Marry me and MI ‘s All Fall down which have achieved success in the Nigerian airwaves. Poe has been recognized as one of the sickest lyricists and rappers we currently have in Nigeria and Africa has a whole and lots of hiphop fans and good music listeners are looking forward to his debut album in 2018.
Written. by Synord
Amaechi Vows To Release Names Of Those Sabotaging Security
Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi has said that cabals are frustrating the recently approved $198m maritime security contract.
Amaechi vowed to publicly mention names of saboteurs while speaking at a Maritime Stakeholders’ Interactive Forum held in Warri, Delta State on Thursday.
He said “Reason, why vessels will not come to the Eastern ports, is because there is war insurance due to insecurity in the ports here.
“The war insurance means if the goods cost N10,000 in Lagos, it will cost N20,000 here because there is an extra cost on it due to Insecurity issues. Even as a minister, I can’t enter a boat ride from Warri to Port Harcourt due to insecurity issues, but I can move around Lagos at any time of the day.
“I once asked a former Governor of Anambra State, Peter Obi, why people from Anambra don’t import from Port Harcourt port, and he said it cost less to import from Lagos and move to Onitsha even with the price they pay on the road. It is cheaper to import from Lagos to Aba, yet Aba to Port Harcourt is a 30-minute drive.
“For shipowners, you need to do a petition to Mr President. The President approved a contract of $195m for maritime security, but there are people in the system sabotaging the contract because it will restore security in the water. I won’t say who they are until it gets out of control. We are still battling for the contract to take place, but if it gets out of place, we will name them publicly, including the security people involved.
“There are people who make billions of Dollars from the insecurity on the water, so they don’t want security on the water because if we secure the water, all their rubbish will go.
“There are businesses which provide the vessel for oil companies in the name of providing security. The moment we secure the water, they are out of jobs?
Prison Officer Brutalizes Son, Injures Him For Playing Football (Graphic)
According to a photographer who shared photos of a teenage boy brutalized by his father, almost went into coma after he sustained a deep injury on his head, just for playing football.
The Nigerian Prisons staff beats his son from 7:00pm till 2:30 am, says report.
See what the photographer/Instagram user wrote..
This happened at Oluwatedo area of Ibadan, Mr Adepoju Biodun is married with three kids,he works with Nigerian prison service Agodi,ibadan.his eldest child is Israel, On 16th February 2018 Israel went to play football and after the football his father beat him from 7:00pm till 2:30am in the early hours of Saturday till he sustained a deep cut on his head with blood everywhere in the house.his the appropriate way to correct or chastise our child. This is beyond chastisement. Israel was beaten to coma before he was later rushed to Don Bosco specialist hospital Ogungbade. I will soon upload the surface area of the deep cut as soon as they open it.his siblings also tolu and praise served severe punishment, they were relieved as soon as Israel was rushed to the hospital. Please share until the appropriate authorities sees this especially Nigerian prisons, UNICEF. #UNICEF #law #crazyfather #ibadan #opayemioludayo
#tolanialli #bayoomoboriowo #michaelomoboriowophotography #ajimobi #florenceajimobi #lawyer #nigerianprison #nigerianprison #freshfm #splashfm #inspirationfm
Beating for your son for playing football? My God.
Someone please remind him how much Neymar is worth per week!!! Kaii
There is another angle to look at this… No father in his right mind would do this to his own son!!! This is a clear case MENTAL ILLNESS/TRUMA probably due to the nature of his work. I am not a psychologist but I know in that in Nigeria we lack the culture of looking out for the signs of mental fatigue amongst our workers in all sector. Military /Paramilitary have no proper way of been evaluated for any form of work trauma. This man could be having or experiencing trauma as the result of the nature of his job. May God help him and his family.
UYO STATE LAWMAKER RESCUES PUPILS AGAIN …DONATES DESKS TO SCHOOL
The member representing Uyo State Constituency in the Akwa Ibom State House of Assembly, Rt. Hon. Monday Eyo Okon, on Friday, donated 120 desks to the pupils of Government Primary School, Aka Offot, Uyo Local Government Area.
Hon. Monday Eyo who described Education as a bedrock of any society, and for any society to make progress, stated that when the foundation that is the primary level of education is well laid, motivated and properly activated, the child who is at the centre of learning is well prepared, informed and sharpened for the future both mentally and physically.
Headmaster of the School, Mr. Simon Edet Eyo, alongside the Village Head of Aka 1, Eteidung Francis, Hon. Kufre Mendi, while receiving the Lawmaker, commended him for his kind gesture and rapid response to the plight of the pupils within the short notice of time.
PDP RESPONSIBLE FOR FUEL HIKE- Don Etiebet …BLAMES OBJ,JONATHAN FOR OIL SPILLS IN NIGER DELTA
Former Petroleum Minister Chief Don Etiebet says the current fuel crisis in Nigeria is caused by the opposition Peoples Democratic Party.
Speaking in an interview in Uyo, Chief Etiebet the APC leader in Akwa Ibom explained that the petroleum distribution in Nigeria is controlled by PDP members who are causing the fuel hike to project President Muhammadu Buhari as a failure.
Buhari is the substantive Ministet of Petroleum in Nigeria.
“Who are still controlling the petroleum distribution in Nigeria; it is still the original PDP marketers.”
He attributed the fuel hike to the impending elections in the country, saying it is an attempt by the PDP marketers to discredit APC.
“Election time is coming and they are doing all kinds of thing for petrol not to be available, and what do they want? They want increase I petrol price so that they can use that against APC”
Etiebet, who was minister of petroleum under Gen. Sani Abacha attributed all oil spill in the South-South Zone to illegal bunkering.
He said illegal bunkering in Nigeria where sponsored by the previous Government OF Chief Olusegu Obasanjo and Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.
“Many Government in the past even up to the last Government have been supporting illegal bunkering; please quote me, I am the former minister for petroleum and I know the details”
On the proposed reintroduction of onshore/offshore oil dichotomy by the APC restructuring Committee, Dr. Etiebet said there was nothing wrong with the committee report.
“ I believe what the committee meant maybe oil discovered or produced outside that isoba boundary.”
He assured that president buhari has done well for Akwa Ibom with the development programme been seen in all part Akwa Ibom state and urged Akwa Ibom people to rally round him for the re-election of President Buhari in 2019
The NANS JCC Chairman Comrade. Ekanem Utibe seeks for partnership with wema bank
By Our Source