1. Udom has reconstructed the General Hospital, Etinan. He completely rehabilitated, upgraded, and equipped it with modern hi tech health care facilities. It was inaugurated by Vice President, Yemi Osinbanjo.
2. Free medical services are available for children below 5 years, pregnant women & the aged.
3. Udom has reconstructed Ituk Mbang General Hospital, Uruan LGA. The hospital which was a sorry sight has been overhauled, refurbished, repositioned and upgraded for efficient secondary Healthcare delivery.
4. Udom has reconstructed the General Hospital at Ibiaku Ntok Okpo, Ikono LGA. Shrubs, reptiles and snakes had found a beautiful home within the dilapidated structures.
5. Udom has reconstructed the Ikot Okoro General Hospital, Oruk Anam LGA. The hospital was almost non existent after decades of neglect.
6. Udom has provided residential quarters for 48 House Officers in the State Hospitals and 50
in the University of Uyo Teaching Hospital (UUTH). Oh Udom!
7. Udom has trained and ensured certification of more than 100 Doctors and Nurses in Basic Lives Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Lives Support (ACLS) with Medical Emergency Experts from the USA.
8. Udom has procured Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs) and Electrocardiograph (ECG) Machines for use in Emergency Response (now fitted in all our ambulances). Atang Akpaniko?
9. Udom made possible the free screening & treatment of over 15,000 people for various eye diseases, in partnership with MTN.
10. Udom has imported so many medical equipment to our General Hospitals.
11. Our general hospitals now have electrocardiograph 3 Channels, colonoscopy (with halogen light), x-ray film processor, x-ray film viewer, gastroscope, operating theatre light (5-Spot light).
12. Our hospitals can now boast of new operating tables, anastasia trolleys with ventilator and monitor, syringe pumps, and others.
13. Our hospitals now have new electro surgical units, monopolar-bipolar operating instruments, suction pumps and host of other state-of-the art equipment including CT Scanners, Surgical microscopes for eyes.
14. Udom has trained 20 Biomedical Engineers.
15. Awa Cottage Hospital is now in great shape.
16. Udom paid a visit to the 78 years old Premier St. Luke’s Hospital Anua in 2015. As a dividend of that working visit, a New Administrative Storey building block named after Dr Ann Ward was built and Commissioned by him. Two other buildings were completely renovated including the Gynecology block and the Male block and internal roads in the hospital were tarred and the perimeter fence renovated. These feats were achieved in a record 70 days in office.
17. Medical supplies and consumables have been distributed to the General hospitals including Immanuel Hospital Eket. Reconstruction work is ongoing there.
18. For the first time, Udom constituted a Board to oversee Primary health care reform and services led by Dr Martin Akpan.
19. Udom has engaged Clinotech Group Canada as the new operators of Ibom Multi-Specialist Hospital (ISH) in Uyo, with first line expatriate personnel in strategic specialty departments to upgrade facilities and local capacity.
20. Udom has turned the health sector which was in ruins as at 2015 to an efficient Healthcare delivery system.
Udom will do more! The future is assured.
Follow @aniekemefinbarr for more